Speed Reducers-Gear Motors
A speed reducer is a mechanical device that employs gears for the purpose of reducing the speed (RPM) and increasing the torque of a motor. Usually, a speed reducer is mounted or coupled to an electric motor. An indefinite number of speed reducer options are available depending on the application. They can be sourced based on desired configurations, ratios and combinations, efficiency requirements, space limitations, cost, and rpm. Today, speed reducers are utilized in all sorts of industries. MPT Drives, Inc., provides speed reducers in sizes from less than one pound to several tons for myriad industrial applications.
Our speed reducers are offered in housings containing two or more sets of gears as per the ratio desired. The housing for speed reducers-gear motors supplied by MPT Drives, Inc., also contains the gear and bearing lubricants. We can also provide speed reducers in numerous materials, styles, and configurations.
Variety of Speed Reducers-Gear Motors
We provide different types of speed reducers to fulfil an array of application needs.
- Worm gear speed reducer
- It is a right angle speed reducer that provides maximum speed reduction in smallest package
- Used in low to moderate horsepower applications
- Low initial cost, high output torque and, high ratios in a small package
- Higher tolerance for shock loading
- Bevel gearbox speed reducer
- It’s also a right angle speed reducer with relatively higher efficiency than the worm gear speed reducer
- Useful for applications that require a right angle speed reducer with a low ratio
- Helical gear speed reducer
- Highly efficient and capable of handling higher overhung loads
- In-line helical gear speed reducers are less expensive than parallel shaft reducers
- Parallel shaft offers more flexibility and implementation options
- Used in applications requiring higher horsepower and long-term operational efficiency
- Comparatively higher initial cost
- Planetary gear speed reducer
- Offers various advantages over traditional gearbox arrangements
- Compact, yet outstanding power transmission efficiency
- Lower efficiency losses per stage (as low as 3%)
- Great torque capability due to effective load distribution between multiple gears
- Greater stability and increased rotational stiffness
Contact a MPT Drives, Inc., sales representative to help you find the speed reducer best suited for your application.