Mounted bearing units at MPT Drives, Inc., are available with plain, ball, and roller bearing options. Mounted bearings are available in sizes ranging from ½" to 16" To identify the size of the bearing required for your application, you can check the shaft size, the base to the center height, and bolt spacing. Along with this, the load characteristics, mounting limitations, desired speed, and application environment will also help you in selecting the right type of mounted bearing.
We offer mounted bearings in many varieties including a range of sizes and options, as well as industry-specific designs.
Flanged Mounted Bearings
- It is the most common type of mounted bearing
- Offered in two or four bolt options
- Offered in high and low shaft heights
- Offered with different base options such as tapped base units
Take Up Units
- Offered in two, three, and four bolt options
- Mounted horizontally
- Popular with flanged cartridge varieties
Ball Type Mounted Bearings
- Usually used with conveyors where adjustment is required
Roller type mounted bearings
- These utilize a wide or narrow inner ring
- Two common collar types are: setscrew collar and eccentric collar
- The setscrew locking collars use two setscrews, which are threaded into drilled and tapped holes within an extension of the bearing’s inner ring
- The eccentric locking collars type bearing has an extended inner ring
- This ring contains a channel that is eccentric to the shaft, and a matching channel in a collar, which fits over the bearing’s inner ring extension
- Eccentric locking collars are not recommended for bidirectional applications
- Unlike ball bearings, these are used for heavy duty applications
- They require more rigid locking to the shaft
Mounted bearing units are also available with cylindrical and spherical configurations.
Please contact MPT Drives, Inc., to assist you in selecting the right mounted bearing for your application.